Saturday 18 July 2009

Day 2 Scarborough - Pateley Bridge




Day 2 Or shall we call it the Treaderz go swimming!

A tough day in both navigation and wind direction, at us all day.

We split from an early stage this morning into a fast group and into the group that is suffering! We all made it in the end.

We had several incidents in the first 50 yards this morning, a tyre off the rim and a fall before we left the street the hotel was on. It took a little longer than expected to reach Castle Howard but spirits were high, Minster FM had our details on every hour on the hour this morning.

My garmin did not like the route, kept crashing and trying to send us back to Scarborough and now when I try to upload it to the internet it is telling me I have done nothing, my legs are telling me otherwise!

After a team re group near Boroughbridge, we set off for the last 20 miles, only to be met by 'Road Closed' signs, flooding ahead, which we ignored only to find two flooded sections of road. The first of which we managed to navigate around in a field. The second we could only get past by, taking off our shoes and socks, wadding in and walking through, it was about 100m long and about 1m deep at worst. We have videos, i will try to upload if Blogger lets me, I don't think it likes videos

1 comment:

  1. SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE WELLINGTONS BOYS WOOPSIES!!!! X X X

    ReplyDelete